Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Marathon Training - Day 66


Tuesday, May 5, 2009: I suppose it should have been a five miler on 5-5, but, instead, I was trying for the quick six between the rain storms. As it turned out, there was no need to rush, since clearing skies soon followed my return to the ranch. It was a bit breezy for the run, but, with the extra weight I carry these days, I managed to keep from getting blown away. There had been some showers overnight and through the morning so I decided to stick to the blacktop today (with the exception of where the blacktop ends there is a gravel section of about 100 feet or so that I run until the turnaround at the first switchback going over the Ashley Lake Pass). The gravel section wasn't very muddy and, in fact, a gravel road run might not have been a problem either, with just over one-third of an inch of rainfall today. In any case, I ran the entire course, except for a stop to talk to Pepper and scratch her back. Oh, I also walked just a short section of the steepest uphill (I have to preserve my strength for softball practice this evening). Running log for the day: 6.306 miles ... call it all blacktop, (that 100 feet really doesn't count as gravel road training distance).

No comments: