Sunday, May 3, 2009

Marathon Training - Day 64


Sunday, May 3, 2009: Well, today it was back up into lion country as I decided to leave the blacktop early, and run the three miles up to the Lupine Meadows gate. It was mostly cloudy during the run, and even just a couple of rain drops fell. At about the two-and-one-half mile mark, I stopped to talk to the Carrs. They were doing some fence repair and cleaning up the area I call 'Apple Tree Draw'. It was a nice break during the run! After the chatting, I continued the rest of the way up the dirt road to the gate. There was still some snow 'round-about at the turnaround, and the road was wet from melting snow.
The trip down was fairly easy and somewhat fast. No stopping for chatting this time and I completed the route with the last mile on the blacktop. Log totals for today: Run= 8.223 miles ... two miles blacktop, six miles on the gravel road. Oh, and I also finished the afternoon with a quick 8 miles on the Nordic cycle in a 30:15 workout. (Cross-training can keep the muscles from getting too sore).

No comments: