Saturday, June 6, 2009

Marathon Training - Day 98


Saturday, June 6, 2009: A change in the weather today with strong north winds and cool temperatures. There was even some fresh snow visible at some of the higher elevations. I got out for my run a just about noon and decided to duplicate the eight mile run up to Lupine gate. It seemed a rather normal run, with the exception of the bear I saw while on the downhill run (about 1/2 mile from the turnaround gate). Unfortunately, I was slow in my remembering to get my camera out, but, I did take a picture of the woods area where the bear went up the hill. Interestingly, close viewing of the image did not show a bear, but rather a deer hidden in the woods. The bear might have been there somewhere too, however; I could not see it in the image. It was a bit of a surprise to see the hidden deer, what with a bear just going up that way, but maybe it was a doe hiding with its' fawn. The remainder of the run was finished uneventfully. Mileage log for today -- Run: 8.3 miles.

No comments: