Saturday, June 13, 2009

Marathon Training - Day 105


Saturday, June 13, 2009: This was a great repeat of my running of the last few days. This morning was clear, mild, and dry and I decided to do my run during the usual mid-day time-frame. This was another fairly slow run, but I was able to do the full run again. During the run I noticed the young trees that have been growing in the stumps of what once were large trees along the road. As my running training for this marathon is winding up I thought about the importance of the old life that supports the new growth in my days. There was a time when I ran much faster. But now, with my running training and my life at a bit of a slower pace, I continue to see how the balance of the old and the new help to keep life growing. Today, after the marathon training run, I also did a cross-training bike ride into town and back. Log for the day -- Run 8.2 miles; Cross-training Bike Ride: 13.4 miles.

No comments: