Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Marathon Training - Day 95


Wednesday, June 3, 2009: A cool sunny day meant deciding to do the long run, finally! I filled a couple of water bottles, one to drop at the one mile mark (that also became the the nine mile mark, and the 15 mile mark). I carried the other up the pass toward Ashley Lake. It was a sunny and pleasant mid morning when I started the run. This was a day when I thought I would give the bruised leg a try for the distance of anywhere from 10 to 16 miles. The run up the hill was pretty good with some walking during the steepest sections, but, mostly jogging and slogging along. I did the turn-around at about 5.2 miles. Doing the trip back downhill felt pretty good. So, at the water bottle drop I decided to head up the gravel road to the Lupine Meadows gate. I did do a walk/run mix up the road to the gate. Again, the downhill was a bit easier, so I was able to mostly run. For the final mile section on the black-top, I did walk a bit during the return to the ranch. Overall, it was good distance effort, even though it was not a speed record. Mileage log -- Run (walk, too): 16.43 miles.

No comments: