Sunday, May 16, 2010

Recovery was Quick ... No Stinky Run, Today!

Sunday, May 15, 2010
I did slow down though for a skunk crossing the road ahead of me

Another week begins and the training continues. Since I haven't been doing the single long run, I've had to break my training plan a bit and do back-to-back runs instead of the every-other-day routine outlined in the training plan. This bunches up 3 or 4 runs in a row for the end of one week and the beginning of the next. With the completion of today's run, I'll probably take a day off from running tomorrow. (Good thing, too, I've gotten pretty tired with the last couple of runs and actually went down for an afternoon nap the last two days).

Today was a repeat of the out, up, and back eight mile run beginning with the stretch up Batavia Lane to Sherman Road and up the road to a gate. Yesterday, most of this was a jog/walk combination resulting in the six miles I managed to complete taking as long as the usual full eight miles. I was able to run all of the way today (with the exception of the skunk slowdown) and finished the run in less than 90 minutes.

It was a totally clear day (during the run ... now it is cloudy as I write this) with light wind and mild temperatures (mid to upper 60's; actually kind of "hot" after running on much cooler days most of this spring).

Overall, the run was uneventful and I felt good during and after the run. (Just drop asleep tired later in the afternoon).

Mileage log: 8.253 miles ?? (GPS might have gotten ahead of itself on this one, but, I'll take it!) -- Time: 1:29:16 (no watch stopping for the skunk crossing)

No comments: