Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Flat during Cross Training Bike Ride ... Flat Run Followed

Saturday, May 15, 2010
Tired tire and Tired when Running, too

The morning cross training ride had already been cut short. Then, during the return part of the ride, my bike developed a flat. The only tube I had was for a 27" thin tire. Not a good match for my 26". Plus, the tire bead would not seat, etc. etc. Luckily, Patti rode back to the ranch and got the truck. So, end of bike ride with 10.5 miles out of a planned 16 or so.

Around the middle of the day, I decided to do my run for the day instead of doing lunch. That might have been a mistake since just about a mile into the run I just didn't feel like running anymore. I stopped for a short time to adjust a shoe/sock combination that seemed to be rubbing on my ankle. After the adjustment I continued jogging up the road. The plan was to do a repeat of the 8-mile runs. But, while trading off jog/walk combinations I decided to turn around just after the 3-mile mark when thunder was heard and I thought I'd just be running uphill into a rain/thunder event. The return trip was slow, too, with my body/mind system just not getting it together for much running. At least the cabin near Sherman Pond looked good, even though my running didn't!


It was just a flat tired training day!

Mileage log: 6.366 miles ... Time: NA - mostly walking so it was not important.

No comments: