Thursday, May 20, 2010

Against the Wind ... and ... Running with the Wind

Thursday, May 20, 2010
Going up the hill against the strong wind meant a return with the wind (as long as it didn't change ... sometimes it does)

A lot of wind blew through overnight. Today, some of that lingering wind continued to blow through for much of the day. When I went out for my run, it was up the hill and against the wind. Not always a favorite combination. It reminded me (of a song, of course) but also of a marathon I ran many years ago. I did a marathon called the Un-Boston marathon (probably in 1983 or so). It was on a repeating loop, flat, boring, and windy course that meant running against the wind for half of the repeating loop (four stinking 6+-milers!). Well, today was that kind of windy day. But the run up the hill actually wasn't too bad since most of the uphill section is sheltered by a combination of trees and embankments. I ran the uphill all of the way (slowly sometimes) and turned around at the gate like I have been doing for my repeating eight-milers. The run down was quite nice with a sunshine and cloud mix. During the last mile the wind helped push me down the last section of road and back to the ranch. It was a good run!

Mileage: 8.00 miles Time: 1:27:00

No comments: