Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Back out there Running ... No Rollover Today!


Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Tip: When biking through a ditch, do not press with all your strength if you are in a low gear!

There was a little soreness in my system as I began my run today.

Yesterday's cross-training bike ride had a little event during the early part of the ride. There is a ditch to drift through just after crossing the highway. While going through it, I shifted down into the lowest gear so that I would be peddling easily as I climbed the bank. Well, I overdid the pressure and did a flip-over wheelie and ended up on my back with my feet still clipped into the pedals. Luckily, I was riding the Bike Friday (20" wheels and not very heavy - on second thought, that's probably why the wheelie happened, too) and, with a little help from Patti got back on the road again.



So, with some aches from the rollover, I started my eight miler today. It was a bit warm but a nice running temperature. Some clouds had developed after starting out totally clear earlier in the day. For some reason, the small GPS went a little crazy again and gave me credit for more miles than I actually was running (and a great best pace time, too) but that didn't count! The run was good though, and with some animals and old farm equipment to cheer me on, I did the out and up and return and down in good spirits!

Mileage: 8.00 -- Time: 1:28:30

No comments: