Thursday, March 11, 2010

Run to the Trail and Back to the Longhorn(s)


Thursday, March 11, 2010
I decided to do a downhill start today so I headed down the road to the bike trail. This was the same route that I biked a few days ago. Today, it was mostly cloudy and still somewhat cool after an overnight low in the teens. No snow to deal with, though, and I didn't need the stabilicers since the route was all blacktop and no ice expected. Overall, the run was pretty uneventful. This particular five-mile course is probably one of the easiest with respect to climbs, with just some rolling hills. Also, late last summer, the trail was upgraded to add a couple of bridges over Ashley Creek. Now, with the bridges in place, it is no longer necessary to leave the trail and run on the main highway (Highway 2) and that makes the route a little safer. Although the route is not a true "loop", it is pretty close to a loop with just a repeat of about three-fourths of a mile for the course. Interestingly, during the last part of the run, some Longhorns showed up along the road.


I did not see them when I had run down the road just about an hour earlier. Or did I have 'blinders' on? Hmmm, I'm not sure! It turned out to be a fine day for a run!

No comments: