Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Add a Mile ... So now that Makes Five


Sunday, March 7, 2010
The number of training runs are starting to add up, and slowly increasing is the distance. Today I decided to duplicate yesterday's run up Sherman Road, with just a little additional distance. Since the things to see during the first two miles did not change, I needed to look for things in that extra one-half mile. Just after the 2-mile mark, a broken tree caught my eye.

As I continued up the road, there is another farm along the new section I ran today. And on that farm they had some calves! (eee-yi-eee-yi-ooo)!

It was another clear and dry day (again, except for the road surface) and I had a nice run! On the way back, I decided it was time to do a visual count of the bottles and cans along the last mile. As usual, this is a little disappointing to see, and during my later runs I will carry a bag to collect what I am able to carry. Today, I counted 76 bottles and cans within that last mile ... pretty sad!

No comments: