Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Creek is Running and so am I


Tuesday, March 16, 2010
The trucks continue to run up and down Batavia, and I did too, today. I wanted to just do a standard 5-miler, and the easiest way of doing that was by heading down to the bike trail and doing the Batavia to Trail to Managhan Lane, loop. For the most part, the truck drivers are pretty conscious of me as I run. Today, as one truck was coming up the road toward me and another was coming down behind me, the truck coming up the hill actually slowed to nearly a stop. I had jogged off of the blacktop into the ditch to clear the roadway, but, it was nice to see that the driver had actually noticed me, too. The run was fairly good ... just a little slow. I crossed the Ashley Creek bridges, and the water going under seemed a little slow too. This time of year, just as the snow is/has melted, the creek would normally be running fast and deep. Less snow-pack and the overall dryness of the late winter is resulting in a low flow in most creeks and rivers. It would be nice to get some rainfall (as long as it falls on the days when I don't have a run planned!) As I finished my run today, my wife was jogging down to meet me. It was a nice way to end a run!

No comments: