Saturday, March 13, 2010

Castles, and Drag-on Running Days


Saturday, March, 13, 2010
Chores and assorted tasks kept me from doing the run until during the middle afternoon. In addition, the sand trucks had been running for most of the day and made a run on the blacktop a little crowded. When I finally hit the road, at just after 3 PM, the trucks had quit for the day. I decided to run down to Kienas Road and modify my route again by running the 'Castle View' route to the trail. This is a rolling hill stretch of gravel road between Kienas Road and Highway 2 (it is also known as Marquardt Lane). The Castle View name comes from a stone castle that is along the road.

This is quite an interesting structure and I need to find out more about it. Apparently, it was built stone by stone and by appearance, with no real architectural plan. (Someday, I would like an on-site tour of the castle. I think it would be extremely interesting to see what it is like "close-up"). Today, I just jogged by it and took some photos in the process. The run/jog/walk today turned out to be a bit tiring for me (even though it was less than the 5-miler I had on my training plan). I walked portions of it during the last couple of miles. Overall, it was a good training day. Today, I also needed to fill in some of my workout plan with an indoor biking session and some sit-ups and push-ups. I guess that was why I was a bit tired during the run. But, after it was all done, I felt good in that I have kept pretty close to my training routine.

No comments: