Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Route to 66 : 500 Miles from the Starting Line

Sunday, March 2, 2014.

I just tied on the running shoes.

I could have started yesterday, but with about 6" of new snow to move from the driveway, the morning became snow removal time instead of running time. That was okay! It was windy with some snow still blowing around, but the sun was shining and I was dressed for snow plowing. I thought about running in the afternoon, but by then clouds had returned, some snow was again blowing through the air, and the wind had increased. A second snowshoe walk was done instead.

In any case, the training plan is set. It shows I should start today. Five hundred miles are in the plan on the way to the starting line of Grandma's Marathon. This will be marathon number 42 and Grandma's number 27.

So, the shoes are on! I just turned on the GPS.

A check of the temperature shows it has climbed to 4.6 degrees! No wind is showing on the ranch weather instrument graph, so that is good ... or perhaps the propeller is frozen?

So, out I go!
On the Route to 66!

No comments: