Thursday, April 29, 2010

Weather changes and Whether to Run or Not?

Thursday, April 29, 2010
If things never changed nothing would ever happen!

The warm and even record temperatures of last week have given way to conditions that average everything out. Way too fast, it would seem! As a result, I have dropped out of my running/biking plan for the last few days. Cool temperatures, and intermittent light rain, along with some windy periods have kept me indoors for the most part.

Partial running summary (I'll have to check my logbook later)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Double GPS with a new device to check out ... weather resistant at that! Good thing!


I managed to horn in a run during light rain with a jog down Batavia Lane to Kienas Road and Marquardt Drive.
I ran passed 'castles in the rain' and crossed a couple of bridges in a six-plus miler. It was a nice short outing after the long run that I did on Sunday.


o Mileage log : 6.1 miles (both the GPS watch and Garmin 10 pretty much agreed on this)
o Walk/jog across neighboring farm and through the pastures
o Wet and cool


Sunday, April 25, 2010
Only eight months until Christmas ... shop/run until you drop (or walk)

Bullet points:

o Up and over the pass to Ashley Lake
o More walking/jogging than actually running!
o Views of the lake

o Nice temperature for the long trek
o Gathered more than 15 piles of 4-or-more cans or bottles


- Mileage log : Approximate 15.1 miles (GPS unit lost signal from time to time)


Saturday, April 24, 2010


I was just about ready to do a run around 4:00 P.M., but, the break from scattered showers looked like it was going away soon. So, I just made it to the top of the first turn; saw the hills to the west turning white with blowing rain (almost like snow); turned around and ran back to the ranch. While I was in changing from my running gear back to 'ranch clothes' a huge gust of wind swept through the fields and flipped over two of the horse shelters! It would not have been a pleasant run!


o Running log: 0.34 miles ... not really a run at all


Friday, April 23, 2010
Late day run to give a two day total of 14 miles... but it was worth the wait for the nice conditions


was my second running up Batavia to Sherman Road over the last couple of days. Yesterday the run was all of the way to the Lupine Meadows gate, today I turned around at the three mile mark. It was a good late afternoon run with nice temperatures and mostly clear sky conditions.


o Mileage log : 6.1 miles

No comments: