Thursday, February 25, 2010

Train in the Rain for Run Number 5


Thursday, February 25, 2010

The overnight conditions dropped a few snow pellets across the area. I almost thought I would scrap the outdoor run and flip back to the tread-mill for today. But, the conditions improved enough by mid-morning; so, I strapped on my shoes and hit the road. Today, I again ventured into new territory, both for the year, and also, for the entire time I have been running training runs here in NW Montana. It seems amazing to realize that I have been running in the same general area for over five years, and, this was the first time I had run as far as I did north on Kienas Road. This road is just about a mile down the hill from the ranch. Managhan Lane is the road name at the intersection going to the south, and Kienas Road is the name given to the northbound road. The road was blacktop for the full distance I ran. It is flat for the first three-fourths of a mile or so followed by about a half-mile of uphill. Today, I just ran until my GPS mileage meter showed I had passed the 2-mile mark. It was where the road had gone slightly downhill again and was going to head around a sharp turn to the left. Since I'll be doing longer runs on this route in the future, I now look forward to seeing where the road will lead me. The return run started with some hints of sunlight to the south near the Blacktail Mountain ski area. But, by the time I got down the hill near Batavia Lane, it was raining. I continued the run the rest of the way back to the ranch and by the end was thoroughly soaked. But, it was a good run and after a quick change of clothes part of my training was done for the day!

No comments: