Wednesday, February 17, 2010

On the Road Again ... I Can't Wait to Get on the Road Again!!


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Well, after a false start a few weeks ago, I pulled it together today and went 'on the road again!'. This was my first official outdoor training run for 2010. So, marathon training began today with a 4-miler up the road in the direction of Ashley Lake. Nice temperatures, good road conditions with very little traffic, and the legs felt great! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Friday, February 19, 2010


I am doing a little different training plan this year. Last year, it was 3, 3, 3, off, 4, 4, 4, 4, off; etc. until I was doing five days of 8-milers or so. This year, I plan to do more cross-training using alternate days for running then bike training with push-ups, sit-ups and some weight work. Still indoor on the biking part until the outdoor temperature warms a bit. (Still struggling to get out of the 30's most days). Also, I plan to mix up my training routes somewhat. Today, I ran down the road to the biking trail.
(Interesting Montana collectibles scenery along the highway down by Kelley Rae's!) Clear sky did make views of Glacier Park to the northeast (look way over on the left side of the first image, to the left of the Swan Mountain Range...GNP is just barely visible) and Blacktail Mountain ski area to the south visible during the run, too.









Marathon Training Plan for 2010

No comments: